Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pansys and potatoes

Now that spring has arrived I can't help but get my hands in the dirt. Planting is in full swing with more seeds going in the ground every day. We are close to our last frost date, May 10th so tender annuals can be planted. Pansy's are my favorite spring flower because they can be planted early and last a long time if I dead head, and many varieties reseed themselves. Johnny Jump-ups and violas. I still have a variety that I got from my mother-in-law when we moved here 15 years ago.
Another favorite is Yukon Gold potatoes. They are fairly easy to grow and will store all winter if you don't eat them all up before spring. Which means I didn't plant enough. I have also planted a red variety for new potatoes, which we dig right after they bloom. They are small and tender and melt in your mouth. Potatoes are high in potassium and grown organically the skins can be eaten right along with the rest of the potato. I will hill the dirt up around the spuds and mulch when the plants emerge to keep down weeds and to keep moist. Now all they need is sunshine and rain.

3 comments:

  1. We are urgently in need of kidney donors for the sum of
    $409,000.00, Contact us now on email for more details.
    (WHATS APP MESSAGE +917411484388
    PHONE CALL;+917411484388
    drrichard803@gmail.com
    We are located in India
    Dr. Richard D

    ReplyDelete
  2. شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
    تعتبر أعمال التنظيف من أهم المجالات التى لابد من الاهتمام بها لتحافظ على سلامة الاثاث الخاص بك فسرعان ما يتعرض الاثاث للاتساخات نتيجة كثيرة الاستعمال بالاضافه الى الاطفال اللذين لديهم دور كبير فى تلوث الاثاث واتساخه لذلك نحن كافضل شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض نعتمد على أدوات مميزة وحديثة.
    شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف واجهات بالرياض

    ReplyDelete