Saturday, January 11, 2014

Arctic Vortex Projects

What am I doing to keep myself busy during the freeze? I bought an Irish penny whistle and am learning to play. This is something I have always wanted to learn. I also play the violin, guitar, and mountain dulcimer. It is fairly simple if you can play by ear. What fun!
My next project is spinning small amounts (30-60yds.) of Shetland wool into a fine yarn to knit Kate Davies, Sheeps Heid Tam. I need 9 colors and so far have 5. I am combing the wool and blending some to get different colors. I am mostly using the neck wool which is very soft.
And last but not least is THE PROJECT. Sarah is a pup out of our male border collie Craig and our Ruby who is a Jack Russel-Heeler mix. She is 12 weeks old and very smart. If you notice the light yarn in the above picture, that is her doing. While I was on the phone, she found my basket and thought this skein was so much fun to play with. No damage done but it will take awhile to unravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment